In September 2013 Harmonics Financial commissioned Amarach Research to carry out a research project into the impact of financial stress on employees. The results of this research are documented in an extensive report which identified that an employee’s financial situation has a direct impact on their performance at work and long-term career as well as on their organisations bottom line. Some of the main findings from the research were;
• Overall cost of employee financial stress to Irish Business is €2.1 billion
• 49% of those aged 35-54 experience financial stress
• 91% of employees are in financial stress
• 41% lost sleep at least once a week
• 78% of managers and employers felt financial stress led to decreased productivity
• 58% of employees with financial stress said it impacted their ability to work.
• The average 25-44 year old spends 44 minutes per day preoccupied with financial issues at work
The findings of this report together with our own experience in providing financial advice to individuals and companies over the last 20 years identified a large and yet obvious gap in organisations Attraction, Retention and Performance strategies and led us to create 6 different financial programmes all with the goal of addressing the financial concerns of employees in an easily accessible and practical manner.